Sunday, August 26, 2012

'Family Values' Republicans Spend Three Times As Much As Dems At Titty Bars

By Manifesto Joe

That's according to a study by the Association of Club Executives, an organization that represents the 4,000 "gentlemen's club" owners in the U.S.

Here's a link to a story on the subject from CNN.com.

The survey found that Republicans typically spend $150 per person at strip clubs, compared with $50 per person for Democrats.

I find this a bit confusing, that the sexually repressed "family values" crowd would go ape in titty bars, and it's reported that there are 50,000 people who are about to descend on Tampa, Fla., for the Republican National Convention.

Tampa has a rep for being the strip club capital of America. I suppose I shouldn't use the term "bar" regarding Tampa, because even with that rep, I understand that you can't order booze in one of that city's strip clubs.

Even so, just imagine all those Todd Aiken types, prowling the city at night for a chance to drool at pole dancers.

As far as the amount of money they spend in these establishments, perhaps it's simply that Republicans usually have a lot more dinero to throw around, and tuck under garters, than Democrats have.

Regarding the very actions themselves, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. A man who used to collect Dumpster trash outside a popular North Texas hotel told me that the empties of vodka and gin would increase as much as tenfold when Southern Baptists would come to town for a convention. The rationale is that vodka and gin are harder to detect on someone's breath than other alcoholic beverages. And of course, Southern Baptists are supposed to be teetotalers.

Back in Tampa for this week's shenanigans, I read that one strip club has hired a Sarah Palin lookalike just in time for the GOP Convention. That's right -- she comes complete with the glasses, the hairdo, and everything else. Here's a link to that story on jezebel.com.

That ought to bring a bulge to many a pair of right-wing trousers.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of titty bars. A friend of mine used to like going to them, so I've seen the inside of several. Although the young women are said to be well-paid, it's a very exploitative situation, plus a sad amount of the earnings go up the dancers' noses. I eventually decided that I'd rather not exploit nubile young women, or subsidize their cocaine habits.

But hey, since I'm considered a Democrat, they don't make that much quid off of me, anyway. It's the right-wingers who are the big spenders in such places. Get ready, Tampa -- there'll be no calm after the tropical storm.

Manifesto Joe Is An Underground Writer Living In Texas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of breasts. I found this on youtube and these guys are donation money to the hurricane relief program. Check their Boob video out and share! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3RCMZqZ5uE