Monday, July 26, 2010

Joe's On Vacation: But Check Out The Flamin' Groovies, And Webb Wilder

Joe's taking a little time off. I'm turning 54, and I'm going to try to take a few days off from the whole damned world. Here's some music to keep you all company until I come back in a few days. It's called Slow Death:



That's the 1971 original by the Flamin' Groovies, an old San Francisco band. Sounds a bit like the Stones when they were at their best, and I mean that as a compliment. Webb Wilder did a great cover, which unfortunately I only could find 42 seconds of. The full play of Webb's cover is available on the streaming services last.fm and pandora, and on his album Town and Country:



So, why didn't the Flamin' Groovies become big stars? And, for that matter, why isn't 56-year-old Webb Wilder one now?

See you in early August, or perhaps earlier. -- MJ

No comments: