Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hey, I Reported On This Fascist Plot Before The BBC Did

By Manifesto Joe

I am most happy that some news organization, somewhere, in this case the BBC, has now widely reported the little-known 1933 plot by some of America's weathiest people to raise a militia of 500,000 war veterans to overthrow FDR and install fascist-style rule in the U.S. I can't help but toot my horn a little about this. You heard it here "first" -- and even before that, back in August 2005. But even then, it wasn't really news. It was obscure history swept into the dark corners for decades.

Click here for my account. But I admit that I was scooped on one big thing: George W. Bush's granddaddy, the late Sen. Prescott Bush, was apparently in on this. You can read more about that here. I'm having trouble establishing the direct link, so look for "Bush Fulfills His Grandfather's Dream" by David Swanson.

I had read some about Prescott Bush's involvement with various Nazi business interests all the way up until 1942, when the government finally banned such activity. But the names I had read in connection with the 1933 U.S. plot were more like Du Pont, Morgan, and so forth.

Anyway, the main point is that it can happen here. It almost did in 1933, and it is almost happening now. Brave and honorable people stopped it then, and it must be stopped again. And this time, we mustn't forget.

Manifesto Joe Is An Underground Writer Living In Texas.

No comments: